We all have choices to make. I'm a bad decision-maker. (That's something I'd like to fix!) What kind of ice-cream I want at the ice-cream shop, where I want to eat a hamburger, what smoothie I want to drink! America is a country that allows us so many decisions!
But when I say we have choices to make, I mean choices that define who we are and what we believe in. How we dress, where we go, who we go with, and how we act, are all choices we have to make on a daily basis. And believe me, you will get results! If we do all the right things, we'll be accepted into a certain group. If we don't, we're still stereotyped into a group. The world loves labels. I don't know why! Why do we have a longing to be like someone else? Human nature I suppose. But when God completes that desire to be a certain way or have what you want a certain way, you are free to be yourself. We have to let it go though, and let Him change us. We have to put aside ALL the pulls of the temporal satisfaction the things of the world offers.
More than that, we have to want to change,... desperately. If not, the same ho-hum life will continue, and we will continue to make the same choices as before because we feel like we are in an un-climbable hole.
It is so hard to make the right choices if we are not reading His words in the Bible. This book was given to us to tell us wonderful exciting stories, to give us correction, to tell us of God's goodness and anger, to instruct us in the way we should walk everyday, and to tell us of His love. WHY DON'T WE READ IT? I just can't get over how our generation is starving themselves from the Bible,... because we don't like to read! We make wrong choices because we don't know any better. My generation doesn't know any better because they are not reading the Bible. For those who know better and still make choices against God's laws and will, I am saddened for and ashamed of.
I struggle with making decisions, but God gives me direction and guidance to make choices that show who I am in Him and what He is continuing to do in me. I desperately want to see changes in me, and in others. I see people making choices all around me that don't line up with God and what He says in His word. I desperately want to see people in my generation hold up a godly standard.To say I am a child of God and people are watching everything I say and everything I do, I must do my very best to be in His image. I can't make their choices. And I shouldn't judge them for making those choices. But I can pray for them. God's purpose and will for our lives is within our reach, within Him. And He reveals it to us in His presence.
wow, thank you. i want to make like little changes in myself like a new hairstyle and stuff, and I don`t know if i should because i`m 16 and my family always says i dress,act different. I really want to change my look for me! I will just ask God because he knows what's best. i also want to start making blogs and a youtube so i can share my artist talent of painting and baking with others and to give them a little more joy in their day! =)
ReplyDeleteyou're welcome! i love making small changes like a new hairstyle, makeup, jewlery (etc)! although i love change, its hard in today's society to keep up with all the trends because media shouts that we are not beautiful enough without whatever it is they're selling. i hope you make changes that display you as the beautiful you that you are!
ReplyDeleteyou should blog! :) and i'd love to watch your videos and read about your interesting talents!
This post is good! I like your blog, thank you for this :)
ReplyDelete