So, I feel alone. Actually, today I just wanted to be alone. Sometimes I just know I won't be able to measure up to everyone else's ridiculously high standards of perfection that I feel they put me up to. I'm just trying to enjoy my life and not worry and perfect everything, but it seems like there's always someone right there behind my back to tell me what I'm doing wrong and how I need to do something better and that whatever I'm doing now sucks.
I'm kinda havin a bad day. so i'm pouting.
I sincerely love people and try to accept them the way they are no conditions on how different they are from me. Sometimes, I just wish the same measure was granted to me.
I suppose the Saints will win. My parents and siblings are in the other room yelling so loud I can hear them across the house through my headphones that are playing loud music into my ears.
Everyone should listen to Switchfoot's new CD Hello Hurricane, which I am currently playing into my ears.
Later Skaters,
love love Laura
It crossed my mind the other day that women have higher standards set by society than men. In movies and tv and books it seems the female characters are usually perfect- beautiful, intelligent, self reliant; while male characters are expected to have flaws of some kind. I mean, I guess they're perfect sometimes too (think Edward Cullen), but there seems to be a higher proportion.
ReplyDeleteI still haven't heard the new CD yet :(
Hi Laura,
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry I'm not better at getting by the blog to comment.
I like what James said above. I agree that the media portrays men in a lesser light than women, and I think both are damaging. Women who see all these perfect women are made to feel as if they have to measure up, and men get little respect, on the tv or in real life (due to how our culture has shaped our thoughts)... both of which go against God's views of men and women. Crazy, huh?
Hang in there!
Hugs,
Mrs. Cheri
PS - How did you get your blog to be so wide? Mine is all squished up in the middle of the page!! LOL!
ReplyDeleteJames:
ReplyDeleteHmm, I suppose so. I think Sarah Palin is all three of the adjectives you used and the media still didn't like her! lol. But you are right, beauty is expected of the movie stars and we average people aspire to one day, somehow, (without all of their photoshop-airbrushing) be as beautiful as them. For me,... its never gonna happen. lol. Self-reliance is definitely expected of any career-minded woman. As to the intelligence part, I’ve always heard that females usually surpass males while young;
till they turn 20, and from then on out men are smarter than women. Isn’t that sad? lol
Oh, you really should listen to the CD
I just love it, every song on it.
Ms. Cheri:
Oh that’s okay! I just like having somewhere to put my thoughts don't feel pressured! but I am glad you comment! Young girls seem to have especially low esteem and they probably believe if they’re not pretty enough or don’t achieve enough their not worth enough. Many try to measure their worth in a guy, when that just adds complication.
Men do get little respect and are lowered to a poor stereotype. Men’s images are based on supremely superficial qualities and if these standards are not met, they are somehow less of a man. I believe men are having a harder time
being the leader in (marital) relationships
and as priests of the home due to a
depreciation in respect from our culture, which affects how we treat them, which affects how they view themselves.
Hmm, I initially used a template from blogger but then changed to one from another website. I think it was eblog templates. hope that helps :)
Laura,
ReplyDeleteYou have made excellent observations, and I couldn't agree more.
Hugs,
Mrs. Cheri
PS - Thanks for the template advice.
Another question: When you changed, did the blog retain your content, or did you have to re-do it all?