Hello!
I had a wonderful talk with my mom that made me feel better last night. (I was feeling kinda down) We all get down! I hate being upset and strive to not be angry. Let me just tell you that it is no easy thing! I sometimes need a pick-me-up and last night it was talking to my mom.
It would have been even better if we had hot chocolate, but I was too tired to make any. (My mom makes -the- best homemade hot chocolate you've ever tasted!)
She told me, "You know, tomorrow you will have a completely different outlook." I tried to imagine having a different outlook on the bleak situation. I struggled to convince myself of her words. But to my surprise, this morning, I was reminded of the same feelings of last night, AND her words. I was encouraged. And surprise! I feel a whole lot better.
I feel like nothing is too big to conquer right now. No challenge with my God is impossible.
This feeling may go away, but right now I'm enjoying it. I love the feeling of potential and purpose and possibility. This feeling has only recently (within the last 6-9 months) been established in me.
I probably feel like an immigrant from another country that finally reaches America and understands the concept of the American dream. You are free to go after whatever interests you. Free to share your opinions and beliefs. Free to get things accomplished and feel the satisfactory feeling of productivity.
As strange as these things may sound,... since they don't exactly relate, I believe this feeling is shaping me to be a more effective communicator and more friendly person. I am happier because of it!
I have loads of homework to do, so I'm going to stop, but I am hoping to keep this feeling through it all and embrace my challenges, because I know they are molding me and making me a better person.
Love,
Laura
No comments:
Post a Comment