Sunday, October 3, 2010

Psalm 27

Sometimes it feels like the enemy comes in like a flood and covers your head and weighs you down so that you'll drown in despair. Sometimes it feels like I have no talent or worth. Sometimes I feel like I'm weak, uninteresting, unintelligent, undisciplined, unattractive, selfish, proud, and unaccomplished. But then in all my doubt, I remember who I am in Christ and realize that I have to fight.That on my own, I am worse than the way I feel about myself. My good works and righteousness is as muck and grime and that I don't deserve the grace that God gives me. But because His Son is infinite and has a fantastical kind of love that we will never be able to fully understand, I am more. I am great and am loved beyond compare; beyond any amount of love that anyone or thing on this earth could ever give me. The hardest part is realizing that I will make mistakes and I deserve to be judged and shamed, but God forgives me and moves on in our relationship and wants me to remember, not the mistakes I made, but the grace given to me to blot out those mistakes. Sometimes it seems so hard to overcome these terribly overwhelming feelings on my own, and I know that my God is waiting with arms outstretched to comfort me, pick me up, and then redirect me because He doesn't want me to face these same emotions over and over again.

This is one of my favorite passages.
Psalm 27:1-6 The LORD is my light and salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? When the wicked came against me to eat up my flesh, my enemies and foes, they stumbled and fell. Though an army may encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war may rise against me, in this will I be confident. One thing I have desired of the LORD, that will I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to inquire in His temple. For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion; in the secret place of His tabernacle He shall hide me; He shall set me high upon a rock. And now my head shall be lifted up above my enemies all around me;


He is my strength and He can bring me through each trial when I wait on Him and desire Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment