What do you do when everything you have planned and anticipated for a good while goes awry?
I love daydreaming. i think its an awesome thing, that God gave us. the ability to zone out for a while and not always be stuck in the present. its like having your vision turned off, and the snooze button pushed for your mind. its wonderful. its where possibilities grow. ambition for new things to happen.
"Why is she talking about daydreaming when she started out with things going wrong?" I think I'm trying to say deterrents do come up, bad things happen, we run out of money, things get canceled, or people say no. To the person with a dream that is not deeply rooted, this is the end. Pack up your saddles and don't look back! but to the guy or girl with a passion stirring inside of them, this is just a part of the journey they are on.
I hope if you have difficult things ahead of you, you will rise to the fight and realize that if God gave you these dreams, he will give you enough grace to reach them and courage to continue to go after them. People say, "Good things come to those who wait," God says, "Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart." Your dreams will come true.
Sometimes, our dreams are our own and not shared with God, and not given to us by God. When we are so in tune with God that we want His will more than ours, we realize that His and our will are the same. Putting God first and not taking the reigns out of His hands is a great first step. Be a listener! God wants to tell us what He wants for our lives, we might talk too much though. My mom used to always sing a song to me, "You talk too much, you worry me to death." Its especially hard to hear a soft voice when we're talking instead of having some serious listening time. Give those lips a break! Don't cheat yourself out of the precious quiet listening time with Him, because you should hear the GREAT things He wants to tell you.
Laura ♥
that's true, i notice my mom is soo connected to God, i'm like how can i be like that, get THAT connection?? i just pray more often now, and am more thankful for what i have now and just ask god to guide me to where i need to go. I feel better doing that. I had an interesting thing today and thought that God was abandoning me, but then i told myself that "i can only see 200 feet in front of me, i just have to trust and believe God to show me and light the rest of the way.
ReplyDeleteGod would rather for us to be hot or cold, but He says if we are lukewarm, He will spit us out of His mouth! I used to look at people that were really pursuing God and wonder if I would be like that. For me, it is a constant struggle to fight against my nature that wants to be lazy and not work to get to know God. We have to lay aside the things of the world that entice us and better control our very easily distracted minds and dig in much deeper to God and His word. It is SO important to read the Bible daily! I used to pray and ask God for me (and still do!) to desire Him and to help me focus on Him.
ReplyDeleteIts probably normal to feel abandoned by God as a teenager, I know I felt like God was very distant at times. But in reality, it is us who distance ourselves from Him by allowing others things in our lives that we value more than Him.
I hope Jesus strengthens your faith in Him and continues to mold you into His perfect creation!